PCA’s Historic Buildings and Conservation Team offers a range of integrated services to enable clients to develop and refurbish properties in the historic built environment efficiently and economically. Survey provides the digital aspects of Historic Building Recording work. Our services include:
Built Heritage Services
- Conservation Area Appraisal
- Area Assessment – A rapid, mostly desk based assessment, looking at the historic development of an area, with a brief examination of the buildings, features and their setting.
- Building Assessment – Focuses on a specific building, defining its architectural or historic interest, and thereby indicating which elements of a building are more and less sensitive to alteration.
- Conservation Plans – the long-term management of historic buildings and areas requires a thorough understanding of the historic development and importance of the resource and its component parts and materials.
- Building Recording – a detailed archaeological record of a building, group of buildings or landscape is often specified as a condition of Listed Building Consent, Conservation Area Consent or Planning Consent. It is also necessary when designing for conservation works.