Job Title: CAD TECHNICIAN
Salary Range: £26,462.75 – £29,736.02 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Location: London Offices
Pre-Construct Archaeology Limited (PCA) has been delivering professional heritage services for more than 25 years is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country.
The Company is delighted to announce that we are seeking an experienced CAD Technician to work in the CAD department, based in PCA’s London Office.
We are looking for someone who is well versed in using AutoCAD to produce archaeological maps and stratigraphic drawings for most of the PCA offices. The post will include the production of archaeological plans, to illustrate all types of report, including WSIs, Watching Brief and Evaluation Reports, Assessments and publications of all types.
Other tasks may include:
- the drawing up of standing building recording
- historic map regression work
- illustrations for Desk Based Assessments
The post also entails downloading, processing and editing of survey data from GNSS/TST, and producing and uploading set-out data. Some survey training may also be available.
- A motivated and flexible attitude
- Good communication
- Excellent team-work skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Produce highly accurate work even under pressure
- Previous experience in using AutoCAD for archaeological drafting and/or building recording
- Ability to produce illustrations of a high standard, ideally to publication level
- Background in archaeological fieldwork
- Paper & digital site recording techniques
- Experience in single-context planning
- Excellent computer skills
- Close attention to detail
- GIS experience
- Previous experience using graphics software (e.g. Illustrator)
- Experience using GPS/survey methods
PCA offers a friendly working environment, competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits, including:
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Generous annual leave (28 days including bank holidays and 2 extra days over the Christmas period) that rises with length of service
- Flexible working, including home working where/if appropriate
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) subscriptions paid in full
- Company pension scheme
- Additional benefits which are regularly reviewed and updated
- Mental Health First Aiders
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to: JBrown@pre-construct.com
Please be advised that CVs submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.