Pre-Construct Archaeology Ltd is offering a full-time post for a Finds Supervisor, based at the company offices in Brockley, London SE4.
This post will be suitable for someone who has experience in the management of sorting, processing, storage and distribution of finds from archaeological sites to specialists for assessment and analysis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the receipt, collation and distribution of finds from PCA’s offices and other institutions to relevant specialists and recover these following assessment, analysis, and illustration, to enable these to be prepared for subsequent deposition. The successful candidate will also be required to maintain the finds database and to keep this up to date regarding the contents and location of the finds archive.
The post will also require day to day supervision of processing staff as well as mentoring any students or volunteers.
Salary: from £28,762.37 to £33,371.50 (depending on experience)
- Experience working in a finds processing environment
- Understanding the basic requirements of finds storage and tracking
- Ability to identify and sort finds of all types/dates
- Good organisational skills
- Database skills (Access/Excel)
- Willingness and ability to supervise others
- Flexible approach to meeting competing deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Additional specialism
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience working with volunteers
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays and 2 days for Christmas, if employed over the Christmas period), rising on service length
- High quality PPE and site welfare provision– the safety of our staff always comes first
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSSTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness, CAT and Genny etc.)
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (Cifa) subscriptions paid in full
- Driving time paid at 150% normal rate (when driving company vehicles outside of normal working hours)
- Paid mileage if using own vehicle (subject to eligibility)
- Annual appraisal and progression opportunity
- Company pension scheme
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity. Please be advised that you must hold the right to work and live in the UK in order to apply for this job.
We are expecting a high volume of applications, and therefore cannot commit to responding to all emails. In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do.
Please apply via email, attaching a full CV and letter of application to Vicki Ridgeway: VRidgeway@pre-construct.com
All applications to be received by close of business on 05/12/2022. Applications sent after this date will not be considered.