PCA has been delivering professional heritage services for more than 25 years is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country.
We are delighted to announce the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team in the East of England. Our most recent sites include an extraordinary range of large scale prehistoric, Romano-British, Saxon and medieval sites. We are looking to recruit talented, motivated managers to assist with these fantastic projects and future challenges.
We will be looking to recruit managerial staff at all levels, for our eastern regional offices.
PCA offers a friendly working environment, competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits, including:
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Generous annual leave (28 days including bank holidays and 2 extra days over the Christmas period) that rises with length of service
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSSMS etc.)
- Flexible working, including home working where/if appropriate
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) subscriptions paid in full
- Company pension scheme
- Additional benefits which are regularly reviewed and updated
- Mental Health First Aiders
About the job:
Location: Pampisford (Cambridge) and Honnigham (Norwich)
Working week: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, usually 8am – 4 pm
A competitive negotiable salary depending on experience and entry level, with a commitment to regular review.
Project Managers/Senior project managers
There are a variety of roles available within these posts, which we will seek to tailor to the successful applicants’ respective strengths and interests.
Responsibilities will variously include:
- Procurement, management and delivery of projects in a cost effective and timely manner, including large scale and infrastructure projects
- Regular liaison with clients or their representatives and representatives of the local planning authority.
- To manage the fieldwork, especially excavation of archaeological sites efficiently and effectively
- To provide support, guidance and mentoring to all staff from trainees to Project Officer level
- To manage the preparation of reports including liaison with supervisors, CAD department and others involved in the project.
- Report writing, checking, and editing.
- Preparation of WSIs, DBAs and RAMS
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Degree in Archaeology or related subject or relevant experience
- Full clean UK driving license
- Applicants should have sound knowledge of the legislative and policy framework surrounding the archaeological, historic environment and planning in England and Wales.
- A firm understanding of Health and Safety, Risk Assessments, CDM Regulations and other legal responsibilities is expected.
- Ideally they will also have demonstrable writing skills and should have published, or have prepared for publication, academic research based articles or other publications.
- The successful candidates need to present a high level of self-motivation and discipline
- Commitment to PCA’s health and safety policies at all times
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Mark Hinman (Director and Regional Manager at PCA Central) MHinman@pre-construct.com Please state on your application which role you are applying for and at which office you would prefer to be based. If successful you will be asked to attend an interview at our office in Pampisford. For more information please visit http://www.pre-construct.com/
PCA follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19 and take the safety of our staff as paramount – advice is up to date with government guidance and site-specific RAMS are available.