PCA is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country. We have been delivering professional heritage services for well over 25 years. We are delighted to announce the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists, as we continue through 2022 with a range of exciting projects being undertaken at our various offices.
We will be looking to recruit two Operations Coordinators, to assist our management teams with a variety of tasks. PCA offers a competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits, including a pay banding structure that allows for career progression. The right candidate does not necessarily require an archaeological background either in experience or education.
All successful candidates will undergo a probationary 3-month period, after which, given satisfactory performance, they will be offered a permanent contract.
PCA follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19 and take the safety of our staff as paramount – advice is up to date with government guidance and site-specific RAMS are available.
About the job:
Role Summary: To assist with archaeological operations and provide support for administration, management, and post-excavation. Support management in sourcing quotes and maintaining supplier and client accounts.
Salary: Newark & Warwick – starting from £26,532.89 per annum / London- £29,918.20 per annum
Location: One post in London, and one to cover the Newark and Warwick offices, with occasional site visits. Please ensure you specify which region you are applying to work at. The Newark/Warwick post could be based at either. Both roles could be carried out as part-time or job-share posts.
Working week: Mon-Fri
The successful candidate will be someone ready to assist with a variety of different tasks. This will include archaeological operations, administrative, managerial, and post-excavation support and being on hand for assisting the respective office(s), and PCA as a whole.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous work experience in an office setting
- Proven experience in working with suppliers, including sourcing quotes and availability
- Good computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to help out in multiple areas of the business
- Experience in client and supplier account administration
- Previous experience in logistics and operations
- Previous experience in data entry and record upkeep/maintenance
- Driving license
An archaeological background or experience is not required, but an interest in the subject would be advantageous.
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays and 2 days for Christmas, if employed over the Christmas period), rising on service length
- High quality PPE and site welfare provision– the safety of our staff always comes first
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working, TOIL, possibility of work from home if eligible
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSSTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness, CAT and Genny etc.)
- Driving time paid at 150% normal rate (when driving company vehicles outside of normal working hours)
- Paid mileage if using own vehicle (subject to eligibility)
- Annual appraisal and progression opportunity
- Company pension scheme
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity. Please be advised that you must hold the right to work and live in the UK in order to apply for this job.
Please be advised we are expecting a high volume of applications, and therefore cannot commit to responding to all emails. In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Caroline Edwards, PCA’s HR Manager (CEdwards@pre-construct.com) Please state on your application which role you are applying for. If successful you will be asked to attend an interview at our office in Newark/Warwick or London.
The closing date for this post is 25/02/2022.