PCA is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country. We have been delivering professional heritage services for more than 25 years. We are delighted to announce the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists, as we start 2021 with a range of exciting projects across the north, undertaken from our office in Chester-le-Street, County Durham. Our ongoing and forthcoming sites in the region include Iron Age and Roman settlements and industrial archaeological sites.
PCA’s Durham office is looking to recruit staff at Field Archaeologist level. PCA offers a competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits.
PCA follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19 and take the safety of our staff as paramount – advice is continuously updated in line with government guidance and site-specific RAMS are available.
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- 30 days of annual leave (including bank holidays and 2 days for If you are employed with us over the Christmas period), rising on service length
- £15 per night subsistence when working away from home (and high-quality accommodation provided)
- High quality PPE and site welfare provision– the safety of our staff always comes first
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working, TOIL, possibility of work from home if eligible
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSSTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness, CAT and Genny etc.)
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (Cifa) subscriptions paid in full
- Driving time paid at 150% normal rate (when driving company vehicles outside of normal working hours)
- Paid mileage if using own vehicle (subject to eligibility)
- Annual appraisal and progression opportunity
- Company pension scheme
About the job:
Location: Office in Chester-le-Street, work across the north. Core areas are County Durham Northumberland, North Yorkshire, Teesside and Tyne and Wear with some opportunities for accommodated work.
Working week: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, usually 8am – 4 pm, with breaks for lunch and tea
Field Archaeologists – starting at £20,477.71
- Excavation of archaeological features and deposits
- Collection and labeling of artefacts
- Writing context sheets for archaeological features and deposits, drawing plans and sections to scale, on site photography
- Collection and processing of environmental samples
- Post-ex office work (occasionally required) including washing, marking and labeling finds, archiving site records
- 3 months of fieldwork experience
- CSCS card
- Good teamwork
- Punctuality and good time keeping
- Commitment to PCA’s health and safety policies at all times
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
We are expecting a high volume of applications and therefore cannot commit to confirming receipt of applications.
In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do. Please be advised that you must hold the right to work and live in the UK in order to apply for this job.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Caroline Edwards (HR officer) email@example.com