PCA is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country. We have been delivering professional heritage services for more than 25 years. We are delighted to announce the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists, as we come to the end of 2021 and look to go into 2022 with a range of exciting projects across Greater London and North Kent.
NB: This particular project is site specific and will require successful applicants to be committed to living away for four nights per week for the duration of the projects which are around 3 months long. Subsistence and accommodation will be provided. Applicants also welcome who would be able to commute to and from Herne Bay.
Please only apply if you can commit to these specifics.
About The Job
Location: Herne Bay and surrounding area
Working week: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, usually 8am – 4.30 pm, with breaks for lunch and tea
Salary range: £24,247 to £25,367 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Interest in archaeology
- Ability and willingness to work on site in all kinds of weather
- Good oral and written English, basic math skills are essential
- Willingness to learn new skills, positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- Good teamwork
- Punctuality and good time keeping
- Attention for detail
- Commitment to PCA’s health and safety policies at all times
- 3 months of commercial fieldwork experience
- Membership with CIfA
- Clean driving license and willingness to drive company vehicles
- First-aid training
- Valid CSCS cards
- Experience of Watching Brief work
PCA follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19 and take the safety of our staff as paramount – advice is continuously updated in line with government guidance and site-specific RAMS are provided for each project.
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays, with 2 extra days for If you are employed with us over the Christmas period), rising on service length
- £15 per night subsistence when working away from home (and high-quality accommodation provided)
- High quality PPE and site welfare provision– the safety of our staff always comes first
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working, TOIL, possibility of work from home if eligible
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSSTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness, CAT and Genny etc.)
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (Cifa) subscriptions paid in full
- Driving time paid at 150% normal rate (when driving company vehicles outside of normal working hours)
- Paid mileage if using own vehicle (subject to eligibility)
- Annual appraisal and progression opportunity
- Company pension scheme
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity.
We are expecting a high volume of applications and therefore cannot commit to confirming receipt of applications. In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do. Please be advised that you must hold the right to work and live in the UK in order to apply for this job.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Caroline Edwards (CEdwards@pre-construct.com) Please specify on your application which role you are applying for. If successful, you may be asked to attend an interview at our office in London.
Applications will be considered on receipt, so please feel free to apply at any time before the specified closing date. Closing Date: 07/01/2022