PCA is one of UK’s largest archaeological companies, with seven regional offices across the country. We have been delivering professional heritage services for more than 25 years. We are delighted to announce the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary team of specialists, as we go into 2022 with a range of exciting projects across East Anglia, undertaken from our offices in Pampisford (Cambridge) or Honningham (Norwich).
We will be looking to recruit a project manager to join the Cambridge team.
PCA offers a competitive salary and a range of attractive employee benefits, including a pay banding structure that allows for career progression.
PCA follow all current guidelines regarding SOP and COVID19 and take the safety of our staff as paramount – advice is up to date with government guidance and site-specific RAMS are available.
About the Job
Location: Cambridge Office, The Granary, Rectory Farm, Brewery Road, Pampisford, Cambridgeshire CB22 3EN
Working week: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, usually 8am – 4 pm
Salary range: £33,500 – £39,500 pa ( depending on experience)
PCA is looking for someone who is able to manage all aspects of watching brief, evaluation and excavation projects as required. The suitable candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, paying attention to detail. Previous experience in project management is essential, and confidence with building and maintaining good relationships with advisors and contractors. This role will suit someone who has proven experience of planning, implementing and overseeing archaeological projects from start to finish, taking into account all health and safety measures and budgetary requirements, as well as the ability to communicate clearly with their team.
- Experience in managing and running all aspects of archaeological projects
- Experience in managing and maintaining project budgets
- Ability to meet deadlines in an efficient manner
- Experience in producing budgets and monitoring expenditure during projects
- Proven experience in producing Written Schemes of Investigation and risk assessments
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Experience in overseeing a team and working with Project Officers, Supervisors and site staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in client and contractor communications
- Excellent timekeeping standards
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- 28 days of annual leave (including bank holidays and 2 days for Christmas, if employed over the Christmas period), rising on service length
- £15 per night subsistence when working away from home (and high-quality accommodation provided)
- High quality PPE and site welfare provision– the safety of our staff always comes first
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working, TOIL, possibility of work from home if eligible
- Childcare vouchers, Christmas vouchers
- H&S training relevant for your role will be provided and paid in full (CSCS, SSMTS, First Aid, Asbestos Awareness, CAT and Genny etc.)
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) subscriptions paid in full
- Driving time paid at 150% normal rate (when driving company vehicles outside of normal working hours)
- Paid mileage if using own vehicle (subject to eligibility)
- Annual appraisal and progression opportunity
- Company pension scheme
PCA is committed to a comprehensive equal opportunities policy in which individuals are selected and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities without regard to race, religion or belief, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. All applicants with the relevant qualifications and experience are welcome to apply for this opportunity. Please be advised that you must hold the right to work and live in the UK in order to apply for this job.
Please be advised we are expecting a high volume of applications, and therefore cannot commit to responding to all emails. In accordance with our GDPR policy, we will not keep unsuccessful applicants’ details or CVs on our system, unless you expressly request that we do.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Caroline Edwards, HR Officer: CEdwards@pre-construct.com. If successful you will be asked to attend an interview at our office in Pampisford. For more information please visit http://www.pre-construct.com
Closing Date for Applications: 21/01/2022