PCA’s Historic Buildings and Conservation Team offers a range of integrated services to enable clients to develop and refurbish properties in the historic built environment efficiently and economically. Our services include:
Built Heritage Services
- Conservation Area Appraisal
- Area Assessment – A rapid, mostly desk based assessment, looking at the historic development of an area, with a brief examination of the buildings, features and their setting.
- Building Assessment – Focuses on a specific building, defining its architectural or historic interest, and thereby indicating which elements of a building are more and less sensitive to alteration.
- Conservation Plans – the long-term management of historic buildings and areas requires a thorough understanding of the historic development and importance of the resource and its component parts and materials.
- Building Recording – a detailed archaeological record of a building, group of buildings or landscape is often specified as a condition of Listed Building Consent, Conservation Area Consent or Planning Consent. It is also necessary when designing for conservation works.